PAINT PROCESS ENGINEER
EISENMANN Corporation is a long established provider of innovative, custom engineered finishing systems and solutions for large scale industrial applications. The Industrial Services Division supports our installed base with technical solutions including parts, services and system modifications. As a result of our expanding product lines and increased market penetration, we are currently in the process of expanding our engineering team. We believe in setting clear goals and expectations for our employees and rewarding high-performing employees for their contribution to our success.
General Description of Position
Apply engineering skills and expertise in the design and customization of paint process systems and technologies. Provide technical support services, business development and sales services to new and existing customers and internal EISENMANN resources.
- Provides technical support services for EISENMANN resources and installed customer base.
- Provides business development and sales services for EISENMANN resources and existing & new customers.
- Provides Project Management Support Services.
- Provides coordination on departmental related activities and opportunities.
Education and Work Experience Requirements
- Five to Seven years related practical experience.
- Expertise in the application and implementation of paint finishing and process technologies; familiarity with material handling technologies.
- Proficient skills in mechanical engineering design and analysis including heat transfer, fluid dynamics, structural engineering, electrical systems and fabrication design and methodology.
- Proficient at understanding, identifying and analyzing customer related issues for timely and efficient resolution; identify root cause, develop technically correct solutions and implement effective action plans.
- Proficient with business and technical software systems and applications including Microstation, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Acrobat, Access and Lotus Notes.
- Must be able to effectively interface with customer, vendors and subcontractors on all levels of technical discussions: recognize issues and discussions that exceed knowledge and competency level and involve other EISENMANN personnel as needed to resolve issue.
- Must have the ability to calculate figures and perform basic algebra and geometry skills for analysis of data/ trends.
- Must have the ability to read, analyze and interpret general business and technical periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to respond to common inquires or complaints from customers or other members of the business community. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Must have the ability to read and interpret technical specifications, spreadsheets, flow diagrams and engineering drawings. Also must be able to generate comprehensive requests for proposals as well as bid packages for Sub Contractors ensuring accurate Scope of Work description and mitigation of risk.